Thank you all for the feedback and helpful advice. I see that the camera was also a big issue for others. The biggest problem was that the camera was merely capturing flaws that were there only because of the camera, and this shielded the real flaws that we needed to know. However, we should not be afraid of it. In fact, we should embrace it. I also think the camera is a problem that will disappear over time. Like how a stranger becomes a friend, we too will soon be comfortable with the camera. That will then be unleashing the full potential of the camera i.e. to be able to capture our true flaws.
Justin gave me helpful tips to prevent myself from presenting a bored image. I agree that acknowledging others is an excellent method to counter my bad habit. It also shows that we are not just hearing but also listening, processing and providing opinions. To this aspect, I would like to add that we should not however just nod to whatever was mentioned. Acknowledgement means we have to recognise bad ideas or show disagreement too.
Luckshme, my opinion on Angad is that he is definitely not dominating the meeting. He is merely actively contributing ideas which is supposed to be expected from any member. What actually made the contrast was me not doing the same thing. Your comments have showed another flaw of mine. I have to admit that some of my thoughts were indeed suppressed that day. This may be attributed to the camera or the notion that it is the first meeting. This problem of mine will only prevent the team from working to its fullest potential and in turn exhaust my other team mates. I will definitely work on this matter. One method I could think of is to treat Angad’s participation as a benchmark I have to attain. In this way, his strength gives me strength and in turn makes the team better.
Our team will also sit in a better arrangement the next time. The current arrangement makes some of us uncomfortable. Sometimes, it caused me to not understand what was being done at the moment and this wasted time for re-explanation thus hurting the team’s pace.
Finally, I realised that my reflections lack detail in some areas, especially the criteria used in making the judgement. This made some of the real issues stay hidden and made my reflections and the improvements point nowhere. The next time I do a reflection, I will make it a point to first identify the criteria, delve deeper into the issue and provide possibly the more relevant solutions.
No comments:
Post a Comment